The wheels were sunk in mud. Both of us had to hoist it out.
Afterward we determined that back up against house would be safest place.
So, I had to chuckle a few months ago when a friend back in Winslow, documented on her blog, about what the winds of Winslow did to her patio furniture--shattered glass, the whole nine yards. Well, that was before we moved into our new home--little winslow. The winds here get VERY strong (coming over the fields and all). Sometimes the house shakes so much I feel we are living in a train yard--the other night I actually thought it was thundering--nope, just the wind. Anyway, so the other night we were to have friends over for dinner and it was during one of the "wind advisory days" yea, well, we first dug our grill out of the mud (our yard for the time being) and set it on a our little concrete pad. Dan put the "brakes" on it and went inside for a minute. Something compelled me to just sit and watch the wind shake the poor grill. And then...that grill (monster grill) went flying across the patio and top down into the mud.EVERYTHING came out of the grill and landed in the mud. Needless to say we did not grill out that night. But our oven baked chicken turned out just fine. The grill parts are still sitting in the utility sink--waiting to be cleaned...isn't everything.
So we left winslow and found winslow in PA.

1 comment:
Ha, ha, ha, too bad for you. You'll never escape Winslow! What am I saying? Neither will I!
So, not to be too bold...but now that your "settled" are you pregnant yet?
Post a Comment