Thursday, November 13, 2008

House Day 97...Here come the cabinets!






So the day I have been waiting for is nearly here. Nope not the move in date...the kitchen date! I am SOOOOO excited to see the kitchen. They delivered the custom cabinets. Made by, yet again, another Mennonite artisan. They are BEAUTIFUL! A bit darker than we thought they would be but considering the wood takes the stain differently we expected some variation. Nonetheless, we love the darker color too. The kids had a ball running the floors, sliding on the floors (check out all the dust), and Natalie was even in the dining room making "dust angels". Yea!
On the down side, there will be no seeding until spring.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Petra!
Just found your blog - congrats on the house! You can see our blog at www.4lubenows.blogspot.com
See you in a few weeks at Bowl-O-Rama!
-Amy

nicole said...

Those floors are beautiful and the lighting looks great too.

Fauna said...

I like the darker stain. It looks more classy that the lighter finishes (which, in my opinion, look more country).

Ginny said...

I really like the cabinets. I can't wait to see the finished house.
A playdate in December sounds good.
When is move in day?