Sunday, September 7, 2008

5 year old run-in with the POLICE!



This is not a joke! A bit funny now, soon to be funnier as time passes on. Basically our 5 year old was calling and harassing the workers at Dairy Queen. Multiple times (policeman said it was near 6 times or more). Asking for pizza and bread. The policeman called (after a call from the DQ people), she hung up on him. Next day she calls again. Policeman calls home again and I answer. "Yup, it was our daughter." I figured it out. A little classmate had a party and brought in coupons for a free DQ ice cream. On the coupon was the number. So, our information was recorded on the police report. Along with my 5-year old's name. And a slap on the wrist and threat of something (???not quite sure what they would do to us???) YIKES!!! Drama--the first in what I am sure will be a plentiful ammount thereof.
Needless to say, naptimes (when this ALL occured--with the phone in her room) are now a thing of the past!
I required her to say she was sorry via letter/card (what else do you do to make reconciliation for something like that???) We LOVED the pic--her on the phone and the workers crying. I think she learned NOT to do it again.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

I am loving this and also feeling your pain. I got a call recently from a 911 operator telling me that Griffin kept calling and bothering them. What! He's 2! Apparently my brothers phone was set to some emergency only thing so no matter what he pushed it went to 911. Crazy! Fin can barely even talk.

Natalie is one funny and precocious kiddo! We love her.

Dianna and Stephen said...

Don't worry too much about this incident-- I did sort of the same thing when I was little, and things turned out fine!! haha!!

I love the drawing she did-- it's great! I can't believe she's in kindergarten!

The Moss Family said...

Hee,hee. That's to funny. What a great story to tell her when she gets older. I remember calling 911 when I was younger and hanging up. The next phone call for my mom and dad wasn't a very fun one. :)

Wayne said...

I thought I knew what awesome was until I saw her drawing. That DQ employee is priceless....

Corri Havlicek said...

Guess I'll have to post Kendall's recent run-in with the police (no, not her father).