Yikes, am I getting old. I feel it! After prepping her room last night (the professional painters said they NEVER tape and ended up having to take the tape off the baseboards in order to caulk), we spend all evening tonight painting. I am wiped out. My hands were sweaty I was so nervous I did not want to mess up. Please! I was also a bit stressed trying to keep her from the paint. She helped roll and had a great time. We were both SO ready to go home and eat after 4 hours, yes, that is how long it took us. But I think it turned out well. The color is something Natalie repeatedly said she loved, even as we were rolling. I am happy. Certainly bright for my taste but it will go with her decor. I still HATE the runner on the stairs. I am half tempted to call the flooring people tomorrow and see if we can change it out. What a nightmare--the first thing people see when they come into the house will be the obnoxious green runner. Ahhh! It makes it harder to like the color we picked for the walls in the hallway when we have that green mess running up the stairs. Anyway, enough--here are some pics of the paint job. We had only ONE major goof. I probably should have washed the walls down before painting--duh! Hopefully the rest of it can cure and actually stick to the wall not to the dust on the wall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I don't think the runner on the stairs is that bad, maybe a bigger pic with more of the room in it would let me decide. If you don't like it, I'd change it. That way you love evrything in your house when you move in, and you don't always have to say, "I wish I would have changed that before we moved in." Good luck, I can't wait to see it when you are all moved in and painted.
The yellow is a bit bright for my taste too, but to me it totally matches Natalie's personality.
If you don't like the green get rid of it! I HATE green carpet so there's my two-cents.
Post a Comment